Writer’s block doesn’t discriminate between writing genres, or blogging niches. Every writer will likely come face-to-face with the blockade at some point, (unless you have some kind of writing super power and if so, good for you). Either way, writers and bloggers alike have to turn to help when the wall rises in our minds. Prompts are probably the best weapon in your arsenal for a writing roadblock and so are post ideas that you can make you own. I’ve been there a lot. You think you’re full of ideas, then that asshole of a block holds back the words.
If you’re a lifestyle blogger, here are some ideas for blog posts when you get the monstrous writer’s block:
- A Round-up post of your favorite TV series. (You could rank them and describe what makes each one great, to you).
- Do a “Biggest Fear” post and detail why that fear is so terrifying to you.
- Review the last movie you watched.
- Do a breakdown of your favorite beauty products and what makes them so great.
- Do a “The Soundtrack of” Post (example: “The Soundtrack of Summer 2015)
- Write an open letter to someone important in your life (parents, aunts, friends – anyone who has had a significant impact on your life).
- Do a post about Apps you can’t live without.
- Share a personal story that taught you something.
- Do a tribute post to something/someone that inspires you and why.
- Give your best tips for dealing with a bad day.
- Write about a bad piece of advice you’ve received.
- What are your current hobbies, and your past hobbies? Write about how you got started and share tips.
- Make a “To Be Read” list and share it on your blog.
- Share one (or more) of your favorite recipes.
- Share your Bucket List.
- Discuss items in your life that make life easier.
- Share 10-15 things that your readers probably don’t know about you.
- Share some fun things to do in your city.
- Talk about your favorite vacation.
- Share your best tips for beating procrastination.
Use Mind-Maps when you get really stuck. There’s lots of information in that head of yours! Sometimes, we have to push a little bit to get it out 🙂
- Write about quotes that speak to you & why.
- Whatever the season may be – share your favorite and least favorite parts about that season.
- In what ways do you save money? Share your tips.
- What Tech do you use everyday?
- What do dreams mean to you? What dreams have stuck out to you over the years?
- Do a tribute to your pet. What makes your pet unique? Tell a funny or heartwarming story about your pet.
- What are your “Winter/Summer/Spring/Fall essentials? Write about them.
- Write about an interesting encounter you had with a stranger.
- Share your morning routine.
- Give your best skincare tips!
- Do a roundup of your favorite games.
- Sports fan? Write about your favorite sports team, why they are your favorite and your favorite memorabilia.
- Share your favorite blogs/bloggers and which of their content is your favorite.
- Write about your favorite restaurants.
- Which celebrities do you relate to? Why?
- Give tips on throwing a great party.
- Share your most memorable Christmas and why it was the best.
- Share your top writing tips.
- Talk about the Blog Plug-ins you use and why they’re useful to you.
Have your personality shine throughout your posts 🙂
- Share your favorite YouTube channels.
- What do you do when you really need a laugh?
- Share some of your organization tips.
- Where do you find the best deals? Write about it.
- When were you really embarrassed and how did you deal with it?
- Write about an issue that you’re very passionate about.
- Write a post about your “dream cast” in an upcoming movie.
- Write about a trait, that is considered odd to some, but that you find to be endearing.
- Give some tips on dealing with stress.
- Write about something you miss – a person, a place, a feeling.
- Write about a difficult choice you had to make and whether or not you would do it differently now.
- Showcase your wardrobe essentials!
You have thousands, probably even millions of ideas in you. It’s all about pulling them to the surface.
All of us have stories on stories on stories in us. It can be hard to pull them out at will and frankly, a lot of struggle with focusing on one idea at a time. I hope this post helps you if you’ve hit writer’s block on your next blog post 🙂
Let me know if you found this helpful and please share!
This is a really great list of ideas. I’m pinning it for future use. Plus, I got some ideas that I’ll be using in the near future. I appreciate that, thank you!
Thanks Wendy & you’re very welcome 🙂
Great ideas for blogging posts! I have just started the blogging journey and feel that writers block could be a real issue after a while!! So will keep these with my list for when I need inspiration!
Oh my gosh. This was a perfect list to keep as a reference! Next time I need ideas I will definitely refer here. Thanks so much!
With thanks! Valuable information!