Journal prompts are great. I use them all the time and have noticed that writing down my feelings and emotions have significantly improved my mental health. The most important relationship is the one we have with ourselves! It’s essential to know our authentic self. Using journal prompts is an excellent way to do this. Here are LOTS of journal prompts to truly know your authentic self, your values and precisely what it is you want in life: (Pin for Later)
Philosophical Journal Prompts:
- In a few sentences, describe what you believe in.
- If you had the power to change just one thing in the world – what would it be? Why?
- Do you believe in fate? Why? Do you believe you’ve ever experienced “fate”? Do you think you have a destiny?
- What does “happiness” mean to you?
- Do you believe in the concept of a soul? What is yours made up of?
- What 5 things makes you, you?
- Do you believe there is a line between good and evil? Write about it.
- What do you believe happens when we die?
- What are your thoughts on alien beings?
- What is the difference between loving someone and being “in love” with someone?
- How do you think the universe began?
- What are your thoughts on will power? Is yours strong? Is it weak?
- What gives life meaning?
- Do you think your dreams have meaning?
- Do you believe animals have souls?
Hopes, Dreams and Everything in Between Prompts:
- What inspires you? Make a list and describe why each person/place/thing inspires you.
- What do you want to accomplish this month? Why? How will you do it?
- Describe your dream job.
- What would your dream home look like and where would it be located?
- If you could change 3 things about yourself, what would they be?
- What are your favorite parts of yourself?
- Who has been influential in your life? Write about them.
- What do you hope for tomorrow?
- Are you independent? Why or why not?
- Do you have a “dream pet”? Describe it.
- Where would you like to travel to? Make a list. Why these places?
Interpersonal Relationship Prompts:
- What qualities make a fantastic friend? Do you have one in your life who has these characteristics?
- What qualities do you want in a partner?
- Who, in your family, are you closest to? What does that relationship mean to you? Write about a great memory you shared with this person.
- Do you believe in “soul-mates”? If so, describe what a “soul mate” means to you.
- Do you want a family of your own? Do you already have one? What does “family” mean to you?
- Have you ever been in love?
- Write about someone who has hurt you.
- Do you believe people can change? Why, or why not?
Other Prompts to know your Authentic Self: (And improve mental health)
- How do you feel today, emotionally?
- What have you done, recently for the first time? When was this? How was it? How did it make you feel?
- What movie character do you relate to? Why?
- Are you honorable? Why? What is “honor” in modern society?
- What scares you the most?
- Describe a moment in life where you couldn’t explain how you were feeling. Looking back, can you find the words to describe that feeling?
- What is your 1st childhood memory? Is it a pleasant one?
- What scent takes you back into a memory? What is the scent and what is the memory?
- It’s also said that songs can take us back to a different time in our lives – what song or songs does that for you? Describe the memories.
- If you were a drink, what would you be and why?
- What does “beauty” mean to you?
- What is your spirit animal? Why?
- What did you dream about most recently? Describe it. Do you think it means anything?
- If you saw someone in need of help, would you help them? Why or why not? Which circumstances would you intervene in, if any?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Have you experienced a trauma? Write about it.
- What makes you angry? Why?
Using Journal Prompts can help us “brain dump” and allow us to dissect our own thoughts & emotions, (for better or for worse).
Journaling daily can help us clarify our emotions and make us feel better overall. It certainly has helped me a lot 🙂
Let me know how you feel about journaling in the comments x
Please share 🙂