New Year’s Eve is coming up and so is 2019! The new year is a great time to set goals and make plans to stick with em’. While writing mine down, I realized that “finish my novel” was at the top, but my New Year’s resolution list was beginning to look like a novella. I tend to go a bit overboard with the resolutions and usually don’t complete at least half of them.
I say it every year, but 2019, I plan to knock back every single one of my resolutions, (fingers crossed).
But, it struck me that a lot of people struggle with ideas to make every year better than the last. I like to focus on 3 major aspects when considering New Year’s Resolutions: body, mind and spirit.
If you’re stumped on ideas about how to make 2019 amazing, here are some New Year’s Resolution ideas:
Think of anything physical, or health-wise that you would like to improve in 2019. Sadly, we don’t live in an “Altered Carbon” universe, so we are stuck with the bodies we have. We might as well take care of them 🙂 . When I talk about “body” goals, I’m talking about both health and beauty. Here are some “body” New Years resolution ideas:
- Weight Loss Goals
- Muscle Gain Goals
- Increase Weight-Lifting
- Start Dry-Brushing
- Upgrade your Skincare Routine
- Try a new type of Exercise (Pilates, Yoga, Cross-fit)
- Plan Detoxes & Cleanses throughout the year
- Create a New Workout System (Do Cardio on Monday, lifting on Wednesday or whatever you can fit into your schedule).
- Count Calories (Or set a calorie limit each day)
- Eat Healthier (Seriously, Pinterest has some awesome ideas for healthy meals. Add me!)
- Challenge Yourself Physically (go on a longer hike, bike ride, or try something new – like rock climbing).
- Drink more water and track it
- Enjoy Tea more often (especially green tea)
It’s important to mentally stay fit also. Mental health is so easy to neglect, especially if you have an anxiety disorder or have bouts of depression. Learning new skills, reading and other activities that improve our mental welfare fall into the “mind” category. Here are some ideas:
- Start Journaling
- Do Crossword Puzzles
- Take up meditation
- Learn a new language
- Do a “Reading Challenge” (or create your own from a list you come up with of everything you want to read in 2019)
- Take a class you’ve always wanted to take
- Consider Seeing a therapist (lots of therapists have therapists – let that sink in).
- Create a “Stress Releasing” Routine when times get trying
- Embrace your Creativity and Express it through art, words or whatever works 🙂
- Have Self-Care Rituals that you stick to
- “Unplug” More
- Improve your Coping Skills
- Play Chess or learn to play
Spirit – to me at least, is our overall happiness and the connections we have with others and our environments. I believe a lot of factors come into play considering our spirit, including upgrading our homes as well as our relationships. To be in good “spirits”, we have to commit to making happiness a priority and do our best to eliminate stress. Here are some ideas:
- Have a solid plan for “Date Night” with your significant other
- Make spending time with friends and family a priority
- Make plans to update a room in your home
- Fill your space with “Good Vibes” (Art & such that makes you happy).
- Have a solid savings plan or create a budget (managing finances is one of the best ways to keep your stress levels low).
- Organize Something (My closet is on my list and after I tackle that, I may throw a huge party! It’s such a mess!).
- Start a new Hobby! (There’s so much out there and you’ll never know you’re going to enjoy something unless you try).
- Add a new stream of income to your Household (There are lots of ideas for “side hustles” and it never hurts to increase your income)
- Knock off a bad habit (I haven’t bitten my nails since 2014!)
- Let go of past grudges
- Get Rid of Clutter (If you don’t use it, need it or love it – TOSS IT)
- Learn to say “no” more
- Add some live plants to your home and/or start a garden
- Stay on top of your planner – Set it up for a successful year 🙂
Happy 2019 🙂
Those are just some ideas to get you thinking about New Year’s Resolutions and I hope you found something that can help you make 2019 awesome.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions? Do you have a plan to stick with it this year? Let me know in the comments! I hope everyone has a fantastic New Year! Good luck with your resolutions. I know you’ll get there 🙂
I enjoyed reading this:). I also loved the categories that you made for them. I look forward to reading more!
I love reading through and I believe this website got some genuinely utilitarian stuff on it! .