Everyone has heard of the uses & benefits of Aloe Vera gel, but did you know there are many health benefits of drinking Aloe Vera juice? I spotted it at a health food store and it struck my interest. Once I looked into it, I was shocked to find how many benefits there are to drinking Aloe Vera Juice. So, what are the benefits?
Aids in Detoxing the Body
I’m always looking for ways to detox & keep my organs at full potential. I was very interested to find that Aloe Vera juice aids in detox. Because it’s so rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes, it helps support liver and kidney function – our best detoxifying organs.
It can act as a Natural Laxative
It might be embarrassing talk about but we’ve all been there! Sometimes, we just get backed up. Using OTC laxatives can be harmful to the body, so finding a natural alternative is a far better option. It helps break down the toxins and waste inside the colon and digestive track. A natural solution to a pretty common issue 🙂
Boosts Immune System
Having a healthy immune system is essential! Because of all the vitamins and minerals in Aloe Vera Juice, along with anti-bacterial & anti-viral qualities – it will aid in boosting your immune system. Pretty awesome, right?
Here are the vitamins, crucial to proper bodily function, found in Aloe Vera Juice:
- Vitamin C
- Folic Acid
It also contains the following minerals:
That’s a whole lot of health in ONE product 🙂
Re-hydrates the Body
Because of the abundance of minerals, Aloe Vera juice is an excellent source of electrolytes, (which we lose when we sweat). It is a great way to hydrate! It also hydrates the skin from the inside.
Promotes Weight Loss
Lots of people are buying Aloe Vera Juice because it is said to aid in weight loss.
Helps the Digestive System
Since it’s a natural laxative, it helps the digestive system function properly. How, you ask? Here are some claims made by health experts concerning Aloe Vera Juice and the digestive system:
- May aid IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Contains enzymes that break down fats and sugars, keeping the digestive tract running smooth.
Improves Skin & Hair
With all the vitamins and minerals, it’s no wonder Aloe Vera Juice improves the appearance of both skin and hair. Many people comment on an decrease in acne once they start drinking Aloe Vera Juice regularly.
It’s Heart Healthy
It promotes oxygen flow through the blood, thus improving heart functioning. It also may help lower cholesterol.
Lots of people say that it helps reduce their joint pain, especially those suffer from chronic inflammation.
Improves Oral Health
The minerals in Aloe Vera Juice, as well as it’s anti-bacterial properties make it wonderful for gum health.
Adding this “Super-Drink” to your Diet:
- Mix with beverages you already drink & enjoy it that way, (if mixed properly, there is no taste difference). I like to mix it with cranberry juice. 🙂
- Take some healthy shots. (Seriously, pour it in a shot glass and drink it that way if you’re not a fan of the taste and want to get it in you quickly).
- At certain supermarkets, they sell “Aloe Vera Drinks” that are mostly made up of Aloe Vera Juice. (Pictured above is my favorite – found at Aldi).
- Just drink it! It’s worth the health benefits, but as I’ve said, it’s relatively tasteless, (like a richer water, really), and isn’t difficult to consume.
Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional but have thoroughly researched the information in this article.