Makeup brushes are expensive and it can become a bit of a burden if you’re constantly having to replace them. After a lot of trial and error for finding the absolute best ways to clean them – I finally found something that works and makes the brushes like brand new again.
What You’ll Need:
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Dawn Dish Soap
- A cup
- Hot water
- a Towel
- oh, and your dirty makeup brushes
How to clean the brushes:
- Add 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to your cup (I use a plastic measuring cup from dollar tree that is strictly for this).
- Add one tablespoon of Dawn dish soap
- Fill the rest of the cup/measuring cup with hot water
- Put your brushes into the cup (brush side down), and let them soak for 5 minutes.
- Remove each brush, one at a time and run them under cold water (brush side down so you don’t ruin them). Keep squeezing the brushes as the cold water runs over them and when the water runs clear – set them on a towel to dry.
- BAM – your makeup brushes are like brand new when they’re dry 🙂
You should never use dirty makeup brushes. The oil from your face sits in them and can cause you to breakout. Try to clean your brushes every two weeks or so, depending on how much you use them.
Look at how dirty the mixture got after – GROSS:
Protect your face, keep those makeup brushes clean 🙂
Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.