People really underestimate the importance of self care and I used to be one of them. It’s easy to neglect yourself when you become busy or overwhelmed. Being your best self is not only hugely beneficial to you, but also to those around you. Self-care is essential and never forget that there’s nothing wrong with indulging in yourself – heightening your well-being is the best investment you can make.
Self-care is ensuring that your mental, physical, spiritual and emotional needs are all met to avoid any sort of breakdown. There are people out there, (my mom being one of them), who tends to always focus on the needs of others above their own. While that is a very admirable quality, self-care is crucial. There are lots of self-care activities that don’t take up too much time and are incredibly simple. Try some out today and contribute to yourself.
Some Simple Self-Care Activities:
- Spent a little bit of time in nature. Go for a walk, have a picnic, cloud-watch, star watch – just get outside. Fresh air is good for the soul. Soak in some sunlight – even if it’s just for fifteen minutes.
- Have yourself a nice power nap.
- JOURNAL! Writing down your thoughts is a great way to “brain dump”. Get everything off your chest. Journal about whatever you like. (I’ll go into journaling ideas in a later post).
- Detox Bath
- Read a book
- Listen to music (have a variety of playlists – name them for some “you time”, like “Relax Mode”, or one of my favorites, “Loving Myself”).
- Yoga, Dancing, any quick physical activity throughout the day. (There are a lot of yoga and dance session videos on Youtube – some are just ten minutes).
- Color (Adult coloring is awesome and relaxing – I don’t care what anyone says).
- Have Scents you Love around you. (Light a candle, diffuse your favorite essential oil).
- Recite some Affirmations aloud to yourself in the mirror. (We all need a little push sometimes).
- Tea time
- Give yourself a facial
- Paint your nails – use a favorite color.
- Collect some fresh flowers for the house.