I used to be a huge skeptic when it come to using mantras and affirmations. How can just “saying something” make any difference? I guess that was my thought process. In my mind, I felt there needed to be more drastic measures to pull myself out of a slump. One day, a month or so after I started this blog, I was in a really dark place mentally. I tossed out my preconceived notions and decided to try something new. After all: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
So, I started using mantras and affirmations, (which are more or less, the same thing.) I was pretty surprised at how much they actually helped. As a writer, I always knew there were power in words, so it’s a bit strange I was so against trying this method before. Anyhow, it does work. Whether you’ve found yourself in a bout of depression, are feeling a lack of motivation or simply need a confidence boost – mantras will help.
Mantras are about intention, about truly believing the words you are saying, or, in many cases, making yourself believe in the words you are saying.
While I like to switch up the mantras I use daily, many people use the same ones consistently. It’s really about your preferences and what works for you. I would like to share 13 morning mantras that I have used. They have helped me in the past and it’s my wish that, if you’re struggling with something, they can help you too! So, here are 13 morning mantras to ignite your spirit, and your day:
1. “I arise this morning, grateful for the air I breath, the love present in my life, the peace within myself and the possibilities of all that the day may bring.”
2. “I release any negative thoughts of yesterday and allow only positive vibes into my space today.”
3. “I will allow myself to shine despite anything that brings shade. The sparkle inside me will not be diminished by any circumstance I face today or any future days.”
4. “My mind is open and my heart is receptive.”
5. “Today, I will be centered in all things. Any thought, circumstance or person who tries to challenge my balance will fail. I am fully centered.”
6. “I am grounded, confident and whole. I am all I need to be.”
7. “I believe in myself. I will silence the negativity and be drawn only to positivity.”
8. “Today I step closer to my ultimate vision.”
9. “Today, I compete only with yesterday and myself. Today will be better than yesterday.”
10. “My dreams are bigger than any bullshit excuse I come up with.”
11. “I’m ready for the next level. I welcome challenges and my enhance my will to overcome them.”
12. “I am open to every inspiration that surrounds me and I embrace my creativity.”
13. “I am the only one in control of how I see myself. I see the good, accept my flaws and continue to improve, mentally and physically.”
Morning Mantras will help you. You just have to be open to the power in the words.
Mantras can help increase self confidence, productivity and help ease anxiety and depression. Be intentional when using them and really feel the words you are speaking. (I know, it sounds very “self-help” but it is what it is.) Focusing on helping yourself is one of the best things you can do for your mental health.
I hope these mantra can help you with whatever your struggle may be. Let me know your favorites and your thoughts on mantras in the comments 🙂
Much Love <3