It seems like we waited FOREVER for winter to come. It’s bad enough “The Winds of Winter” STILL hasn’t been released, but we also have to wait until 2019 to see the finale season of arguably the best series ever made: Game of Thrones.
If you aren’t caught up on HBO’s Game of Thrones – STOP READING THIS! This article will contain HUGE spoilers for all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones.
Now that the spoiler alert is out of the way – I wanted to discuss some of the most prominent fan theories and predictions for the final season of Game of Thrones. There are a lot out there – many far fetched ones and quite a few that make a lot of sense.
Here are some theories for the final season of Game of Thrones:
Jaime will Kill Cersei
By the end of season 7, it doesn’t look like Jaime is on board with Cersei’s reign anymore. He leaves after she threatens to have the “zombie mountain” kill him. This theory springs from Maggy the Frog’s predictions of Cersei’s future:
- “You will have three children. Gold their crowns, gold their shrouds.” – basically she’s saying that Cersei will have 3 children, all of whom will die. = TRUE, it happened.
- “You will die at the hands of the valonqar”. For those of you who don’t know – Valonqar means “little brother” in Valyrian. Technically, Jaimie is her little brother, as he was born second.
I’m hoping that this theory comes true. We have seen Jaime redeem himself quite a few times on his travels with Brienne of Tarth. He also chose to depart King’s Landing, leaving Cersei behind. Will he end her as he did “The Mad King”? Oh, I hope so!
It was all Bran’s Fault
This has been an ongoing fan theory since Bran reached the home of “The 3-Eyed Raven”. Basically, a lot of people believe that the Night King is Bran himself. We saw him going back to view past events and his presence there certainly had an impact…(HODOR). There is also a similarity between the Night King and Bran, (when it comes to their attire – check the chest broach).
If this is true, perhaps Bran will have to be the one to defeat the Night King. Or, maybe he will fall into madness knowing it was all his fault. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Arya will cross all the names off of her List
I absolutely LOVE Arya. Her journey throughout the series has been one of the most interesting. She has proven herself a complete badass many times over. After taking out Littlefinger, it’s pretty obvious that his face could be used to maneuver in King’s Landing, (the site of 2 names left on her list: Cersei and The Mountain).
I, for one, really hope that Arya gets some more revenge. I don’t know where she would go from there but since her character has worked SO HARD – it would be disappointing if she didn’t play a big role in the final season.
Hopefully she removes The Hound from her list though.
Jon & Daenerys have a Child
It’s well known that most Targaryens die during child birth. If Jon impregnated The Mother of Dragons during their steamy boat encounter, perhaps she will die in child birth and neither Jon or Deanerys is the “Prince or Princess who was promised”, but their child is. Interesting….
Tyrion is also a Targaryen
Lots of people have thought this for a while and here are some facts to back that theory up:
- He was able to release 2 of the dragons without them tearing him apart.
- His father always said, “You’re no son of mine”, perhaps meaning that his wife Joanna had relations with The Mad King – making Tyrion Targaryen.
- In the books, his hair is talked about being ‘whiter’ than the others.
- His mother died in childbirth – an outcome highly common for the Targaryens.
At the end, there is no more Iron Throne
Okay, so the Night King has the biggest army and a freaking dragon. Nobody else can seem to get along long enough to even form a plan to beat them. While everyone else is bickering among themselves, the Night King and his army of the dead could quite possibly invade the Seven Kingdoms and kill everyone.
It would be in the nature of “Game of Thrones”, as many characters die. It would be the ultimate cruelty to have the story end this way but it would make sense considering everyone is too busy arguing over everything else.
Tyrion will Betray Daenerys
He did look awfully suspicious when he was standing outside the door on that ship after talking to his sister…
Could it be because he had made a deal with Cersei to betray Daenerys for the greater good of Westeros? Ugh, I really hope not but it’s a possibility.
Jon will find out Daenerys is his Aunt
I can’t really see Jon being okay with this. Realizing that you just had sex with your aunt would probably really turn Jon off to the idea of a relationship with her. While, Daenerys on the other hand was raised knowing she was Targaryen and wedding brothers and sisters was a common practice.
This revelation could have a few outcomes.
Melisandre will play a Big Part
Where did she go? She said she, “brought together ice and fire” and also makes reference that she will return to Westeros only to die. Does she know more than she’s letting on? It’s likely. Here are some possible boss moves that The Red Priestess could pull in season 8:
- Bring Viserion back to the side of the living.
- Return with an army of Red Priests who all have untold magical powers via The Lord of Light
- Somehow sacrifice herself, (using magic), to kill the Night King.
It’s hard to say what this woman has up her sleeve but I’m willing to bet that we haven’t seen the last of her.
Character’s I hope make an Appearance & Events I hope Take Place in the Final Season:
- Nymeria! Arya’s direwolf has been wondering the forests of Westeros with her own pack. Maybe she will arrive to aid in a battle with the help of that pack! I sure hope to see her again.
- Theon earns redemption by either saving his sister or becoming King of the Iron Islands if one of his allies ends up on the throne. At the very least – I hope he takes control of the strongest Iron-Born during the Great War.
- #CleaganeBowl. It doesn’t look like we are going to see this one through but I still can hope.
- Ser Davos. I hope he not only survives the war, but ends up on someone’s counsel. This dude gives good advice and knows how to negotiate.
- Jon Rides a Dragon. It would come in handy for battle.
- Samwell Tarly. Let the dude be Grand Maester somewhere, please!
- Ghost – seriously, where the f*ck has Ghost been?
- Jaime/Brienne Reunion.
Whatever happens – we have a longgg wait ahead.
I can’t wait for the final season! Who do you hope ends up on the Iron Throne? What would you like to see happen? What Characters are you rooting for? Let me know in the comments!